Dr Simon Locke gained his fellowship, as a Sports Physician in 1991, and has been working exclusively as a Sports Physician for the past twelve years.
Dr Locke’s background in sports medicine is varied with involvement over the years at all levels from international (including Olympic), national, state and local. He is Senior Consultant and an Honorary Research Fellow with the Queensland Academy of Sport. He also holds a position as an Adjunct Senior Lecturer in the School of Human Movement Studies.
Dr Simon Locke is a member of a number of professional societies. These include:
- The Australian Sports Medicine Federation (since 1978)
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (1982-1996)
- The Australian Medical Association – College Chairs Committee (since 2002)
- The American College of Sports Medicine (1984)
- The Australian Sports Medicine Federation – Fellow (1990)
- The Australian College of Sports Physicians – Member and Fellow (since 1986)
- The Queensland Shoulder Society (since 2002)
- The Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK) – foundation member since 2006